So, I have Ruby a couple of days a week to help my friends out whilst they’re at work. Ruby, Betty and my boys are all best friends. It’s good.
Except for Monday. Because Monday was the day of the great raisin robbery. Raisins are highly toxic to dogs- even a little snack box amount (which is what they stole out of my bag).
And so I had a worrying (and expensive) afternoon phoning and then rushing the dogs to the vets, administering medicine and making mortifying phone calls to friends to tell them that their beloved dog might have been poisoned whilst in my care.
Betty and Ruby were lucky and thankfully no lasting harm was done. But please be warned.