I guess I can call myself a ‘real’ blogger now – thanks, Tif!
I’m supposed to tell you 7 interesting things about myself. So after a lot of consideration (and I’m still not entirely convinced the following things actually are that interesting) here goes:
1. Tony and I met on a blind-date while we were at school. We’re still going strong 20 years later.
2. I can’t park the car! In fact, it has been said that I don’t park I just ‘stop driving’.
3. We’ve got an allotment. For the princely sum of £35 a year, we rent an area twice the size of our back garden. It even has a lovely old tree on it. It’s not that productive at the moment, but we all enjoy being there.
4. I have ‘toured’ California with my school orchestra. I played the clarinet and we got to go on an 18 day school exchange. I have sung on the stage of the Hollywood Bowl and have played Glenn Miller at Disneyland. However, I have never played the clarinet since leaving school…(I know, I know, Dad!)
5. I was one of the Girl Guides chosen to meet the Queen Mother when she visited Ramsgate. My Mum had me scrubbed, ironed and polished to within an inch of my life! We waited and waited… but, she never showed up! Helicopter problems apparently.
6. I used to be a freelance Knitwear Designer. In fact, I have got a degree in knitted textiles and fashion – yes, you can actually spend 3 years knitting and come away with a degree! I very rarely handknit now because it hurts my hands too much.
7. When I told Tony about being tagged he said ‘like those chain letters at school?’ and went back to his cup of tea. Joe said I was ‘nice’. Henry however, said I was good at Lego. So fascinating fact number 7 is…I am good at Lego!
As I have only been blogging for 2 months I don’t actually know anyone to tag. But, I shall challenge these nice-sounding total strangers: Hazel Joy (who started her blog the same day as me) and Moonstitches (She’s in Japan).